Requests fors New Topics

Here’s one where I lack qualifications:

Does anyone have a recommended link or a desire to start the topic:

A examination of the types of speech in comments.

(Political speech being one example.)

[I think a moderator would create this type of topic with something pinned at the top.]

[Users can ignore what follows…]
[RE FLAG: If I flag this myself, it means I want a moderator to look at it]
[Edit: Why yes Dave… when you flag yourself a moderator will be with you shortly…
:ok_hand: I like the flagging experience]
[Edit: I’m trying to blow up the moderator queue with serial edits. Any problems?]
[8 Jan Flagged still]
[15 Jan deleted posts remain 24hrs unless flagged (by who?)]
[15 Jan can’t undelete]
[15 Jan edit deleted post: History **must accepted Mozzilla term that do not link]
[15 Jan this post still flagged]
]15 Jan deleted a post and self flagged it for moderation]
[20 Jan still flagged for moderation]
[20 Jan this has to be a bug, Dgh: Open a new Discourse issue]
[20 Jan clicked the text (flagged for moderation) again and got this:

]
[20 Jan per Discourse I can flag twice.]

[New Topic]
I got blocked today!!!

True story. I am doing engagement and developing a following from scratch (Twitter).

So that’s a 0.5% blockage rate. My doctor will be pleased…

But you should hear what I say on there, I am an .#onlineTwitterCommedian. 0.5% is pretty good (1 per 200.) I would repeat some of it here but I think @andrew_coral might be listening.

Regards, Dave Horsman

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes: `:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes: :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

I’ve seen some academic papers on types of speech online. Have you looked at our Academic Papers thread?

https://community.coralproject.net/t/interesting-academic-papers-about-comment-sections/

]I have the links thanks @andrew_coral. Although I have only read some of the material it is 100% awesome.

It is providing good info on the types and patterns of speech. I am not surprised there would be papers on “political speech” as well as legal aspects re "free speech."

I will read it all over the next year but if you include the off-site “cites” and their cites I would expect to end up better informed if not exhausted.:wink: The cat approves as well. He said to say “Hi.”

You are being a big help, so I am preparing you a bag of cookies. They look like this: :cookie: Yummy, eh?:chipmunk:

Keep up the good work, David G Horsman

[note to self: Will they know my beaver is actually a chipmunk? There should be a beaver in my UI :sob: Somebody is getting a letter…]

[note to self: Oh dear… I hovered over it and it even says it’s a chipmunk. This is so embarrassing. And there is no Canadian flag… I’m so upset…]

[Link Test Cross Post]