Turn off auto close

I’m pretty keen to give Talk a go and fully replace Disqus with it however my one reservation is the closing of streams.

Is there a way to turn this off? It seems to default to 2 weeks and I can’t seem to be able to say “plz never close streams” anywhere.

Hi James

Yes! As long as the check box next to “Close Comments After” in the Configure menu isn’t selected, then the comments will never close.

I hope that’s clear - let me know if it isn’t.

Andrew

And let us know how it goes! We always want to know about uses of Talk in the wild. We consciously have no tracking anywhere in the software - and that means we never know if someone is using it. But we definitely want to know, so we can support any new features you might need.

For sure! I’m real keen to give it a drive. Some feedback then, when viewing the embedded version of Talk and viewing the Configure section it seems to state that the section will close in one week, even though I don’t have this option configured (this is what confused me)

Ah, thanks James. That’s a bug, we’ve filed it now https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/151044515